Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dining Room chair update

Do you have furniture in your home that you like but just don't LOVE?  That's the way I felt about the dining room set we inherited almost a decade ago.  The set has sentimental value and is in great condition, however, it's so dark and in desperate need of an update. (I didn't take a before pic of the whole room but I should have so you could see the gloom and doom.)


I love the little flower detail in the center of the chair backs.  I wanted to do something to make that flower stand out.

I decided to spray paint the chairs an off-white color. I lightly sanded, primed (very important!), and finally sprayed each chair.  I used one can spray primer and one can spray paint for each chair.  For this project, I used Krylon Gloss Ivory.
I hand painted the flower with black, acrylic paint using a very small paintbrush. This little bit of detail makes these chairs unique.
Before and After
                         Presto!  Spray paint magic!!  
One afternoon is all it took.  Now I LOVE these chairs!
 Here are the chairs with the table in our dining room.  Be kind - this room is a work in progress and there is visible dog fur under the table and chair legs!  Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment